A Step Ahead Children's Nursery
OFSTED INSPECTION AUGUST 2016 - GOOD WITH AREA OF OUTSTANDING IN CHILDREN'S PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT, BEHAVIOUR AND WELFARE
We provide childcare 8am to 6pm, five days a weeks, 51 weeks of the year. The nursery is a 54 place setting that cares for children aged 3 months- 5 years.
We are very proud of the standard of care we provide for children and have a strong staff team who have a wide range of experiences. We pride ourselves on being friendly, fun loving and well qualified to provide outstanding care for your child. The children are our main priority and we strive to ensure that all children have their individual needs met, are supported in meeting their full learning potential and are happy in our care. We understand that children learn through play and as such we use child initiated play and games to provide learning opportunities for the children as well as adult planned activities.
A Step Ahead took over the previously run West Sussex County Council ‘Jellyfish Nursery’ in September 2014. We believe the nursery environment which we provide is safe, welcoming and well facilitated with a large variety of exciting and purposeful furniture, toys and resources. We have 3 main play rooms which were named by the children themselves. 'Ladybird Room ' (for children 3-5yrs) ‘Bumblebee Room’ (for children aged 2) and 'Butterflies’ (for children aged 3 months- 2 years) which also has a separate sleeping area. All rooms are spacious, vibrant and full of toys and resources. The ages of the children in each room are estimated as each child is transitioned from one room to another based on their own personal development. This ensures that we challenge and engage with the children at the correct level.
We boast a fabulous large outdoor area which has been designed to allow fun and safe play all year round, whatever the weather. The garden is also well equipped with a variety of resources which includes climbing frames, slides, veggie patch, digging area and a range of little houses and cars/trikes/scooters etc.
We are hugely proud of the care and environment we provide for the children - please come and visit us and see for yourself.
Spring Display from the Toddler Room - they grew sunflowers and planted herbs in the garden
Cutting and pasting shapes making their own sunflowers encourages fine motor skills
and helps them understand the world around us
Aims and Objectives
- To provide a safe, happy environment with the appropriate adult to child ratio in accordance to OFSTED Welfare Requirements and EYFS for under 8's.
- For Children to reach their full potential through activities with meaning and purpose encouraging individuality.
- To encourage parental/carer involvement by keeping them informed in their child's progress, group plan and activities.
- To enhance the children’s confidence and self-esteem by praise and encouragement.
- To plan and provide a wide range of equipment and activities with appropriate adult interaction where the children can succeed.
- To follow child led play but to link this with a semi-structured term plan creating progression in the children’s learning abilities, linking their skills and understanding.
- To provide a well balanced curriculum, which will encourage the children to use their ideas and imagination to further their understanding of the world.
- To encourage the staff to update and further their training to ensure quality care for the children.
- To provide a Childcare Centre in which children are treated and respected equally regardless of gender, race, disability or religion.
LOCAL OFFER FOR CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS